Sunglasses can say a lot about you. It’s the ultimate summer accessory and lets you flaunt your style and tastes in a more subtle way. While choosing the best pair of sunnies isn’t exactly rocket science, there are a few nuances that can help you decide whether a particular style will best suit your face shape or not. These factors can narrow down your choices to a couple of sunglasses that will complement your overall look.
Do You Know Your Face Shape?
Some sunglasses styles look better on certain face shapes, while others look good no matter what. Knowing your face shape will help you decide on the best possible style of sunglasses. It will also make online shopping easier, something could be quite tricky since it is best to try them on in person.
To determine your face shape, you can try these two methods:
- Take a selfie, or better yet have someone take your photo. Make sure to do it front facing for a more accurate shape. After taking your photo, open a photo editing app and draw the outline of your face.
- Standing in front of your mirror, grab a crayon or lipstick and draw the outline of your face. These two methods will give you a better idea of what your face shape looks like. Shopping for sunglasses should be an easier experience now that you can choose styles confidently.
Face Shapes and The Best Sunglasses for Each One
So now that you know your face shape, you’re on the right track to finding the perfect pair of sunnies for you. And while your face shape doesn’t have to dictate what style you should or shouldn’t wear; it is one of the few factors that you should consider before investing in a pair of quality sunglasses.
More than anything, choosing sunglasses that fit your face shape goes beyond its aesthetic value; it’s really the comfort, ease and ultimately the protection that you’re after. No one wants to keep pushing their sunglasses up their nose or have it dig into your skin because of a too-tight fit. And it’s important to make sure that your sunglasses are offering the best coverage to your eye and the skin around it. This area of your face is very delicate and really benefits from a pair of well fitting sunglasses.
People with round faces have more curves than angles. The length and width of their face is usually almost equal and they tend to have a more youthful look. This can make choosing sunglasses more exciting for you because you’ll have more styles to choose from.
Stay away from curved styles; these won’t do your face any justice. Instead go for square and rectangular-shaped sunglasses that add angles to your face. You want to choose a style that is broader than the widest part of your face. This will help make your face look longer, slimmer, and sharper. Wraparounds and shield styles also work well for people with round faces.
Count your lucky stars – oval face shapes are deemed to have the most versatile shape of them all, with most styles suiting an oval shaped face. If you have an oval shaped face, you’ll likely be able to try out almost every new trend, so take advantage of that! Because of its well-balanced proportion, the only style you should stay away from is one that might dwarf your face. Huge frames can overwhelm an oval face, covering your face’s best features and symmetry.
Do you have a chiseled jawline that sets hearts racing? Congratulations – you have one of the features of having a square-shaped face! Aside from your well-defined jawline, you have a broad forehead and wide cheekbones. Your strong features will look its best when it is paired with sunglasses that have curved or circular shapes, as it will balance out your face. Circular shaped sunglasses are a classic look that never go out of style, so besides complimenting your face perfectly, they will give you a timeless and classy look that is hard to beat.
Oblong or rectangular faces have soft edges that are long and narrow. To make your face look more symmetrical, reach for those oversized shades. If a model comes in sizes, opt to get the larger one. Thick frames, as well as designs that have sharp angles or edges can provide the perfect balance. Oversized shades are excellent for added protection because they have a wide coverage area for the skin around your eyes, which is one of the main reasons we should be wearing sunglasses.
The Best Sunglasses For You
When choosing the perfect pair of sunnies, it is not just style you should consider. There are many factors to help you whittle down your choices as you browse through our wide selection of sunglasses.
- Its purpose: All sunglasses have one common purpose and that is to protect your eyes. Other than this, are you buying a pair because you intend to play sports outdoors or you simply want a functional fashion accessory? Not all sunglasses are made equally and some brands offer certain features that others don’t, such as perspiration resistant grips, so it’s best to decide why you need a pair of sunglasses in the first place.
- How much you are willing to pay for it: Sunglasses come in a variety of prices. Decide how much you are willing to shell out for a pair and treat it as an investment. When you put value on your sunglasses, you know you’ll be able to maintain it in pristine condition for years to come.
- Polarised or not?: Polarised lenses offer an extra layer of protection and comfort for those who spend a lot of time outdoors.
Remember that sunglasses are more than just an accessory. They provide protection and comfort during the day while making a mark on your fashion statement.